Human body is full pack of minerals each of which play a very crucial role in maintaining health. Most health experts agree that having appropriate levels of vitamins and minerals in diet of a person is imperative for good health. There are many vitamins & minerals that offer benefits that are overlooked. One such mineral is known as Magnesium which surprised people with major health benefits and negative results of its deficiency. Magnesium plays a vital role in person’s health and is an essential mineral to many of body’s biological process. Though it is not generously present in human body but despite of this, it has big benefits, especially of the heart.
Let’s discuss some of the major benefits magnesium offer for health in detail.
- Keeps heart strong – It is very beneficial for the proper functioning of human heart and prevents illness of heart. Magnesium coordinates the actions of muscles in the heart and also treats the nerve functionality to control heartbeat. Thus, you can take it for the healthy functioning of your heart. It also reduces the risk of chest pain which is referred as angina. Not only on prior basis, it is also beneficial during the case of heart attacks. Attack patients are aided with magnesium injections which stabilize the heart rhythm, reduce blood clots, or enlargement of coronary arteries. It also helps in lowering the blood pressure due to its regulation with heart function. It acts as a natural remedy for heart palpitations and is associated with a lowered risk of heart diseases in healthy individuals as well. By taking balanced amount of magnesium may reduce the risk of having a stroke and the deficiency of it places an individual at higher risk for abnormal heart rhythms.
- Blood Pressure – Magnesium helps in muscle relaxation that controls the blood vessels. Thus, blood is allowed to flow freely which turns to lower blood pressure. As blood pressure is related to many diseases, thus balanced blood pressure shield you from other related ones. A person consuming magnesium food source like lentils and green vegetables have very less risk of blood pressure problems. Blood pressure gives birth to many other diseases which as a result, can be prevented by taking good amount of magnesium.
- Absorption of vitamins – Magnesium is involved in absorbing vitamins A, C and B which plays an important role in maintaining the healthy function of ocular tissue in the eyes. Magnesium aids the vision problem in terms of nutrition. It is among the best supplement to be taken to improve the vision health. This mineral works in conjunction with these vitamins to prevent oxidative stress in the eyes factors responsible for the cataracts development.
- Bone aid – Magnesium helps the body to absorb calciumto form strong teeth and bones. Approximately 50% of the body’s magnesium amount is located in the bones. Magnesium consumption helps to prevent osteoporosis even in the genetic people. This mineral supports bone health and should be taken in a good amount.
- Muscle cramps – Our muscle cramp when they do not contract and relax properly for which calcium is taken as a misconception. But magnesium is equally important for efficient functioning of muscles. With proper supplementation of magnesium, the chances of muscle cramps can be reduced along with pains and aches.
- Depression – Those who suffer from depression should take serotonin medicines which are a brain chemical to enhance mood and reduce depression. It usually helps the body to produce its own serotonin which makes it an aid for depression treatment.
Some of the magnesium foods which can be taken are spinach, black beans, avocado, almonds, whole grains etc. After all this points, now let’s discuss what will be the consequence of magnesium deficiency in the body. When the intake of magnesium falls below the required level, it causes magnesium difficulty. It can result in developing several diseases.
Symptoms of magnesium deficiency
- Feeling weakness, fatigue
- lack in concentration
- PMS or hormonal imbalance
- Abnormal heart rhythm
- Muscle tension, spasms or cramps
- Anxiety or nervousness
Magnesium is able to cure all of the above risk factors but can be taken as per the doctor’s consultation. Its intake varies depending on the body, gender and other factors. There are various home remedies available to cure the magnesium deficiency. You can start eating green vegetables, ingesting probiotics or fermented foods. Don’t go for processed and refined foods into your diet and resort to magnesium supplements only when home remedies fail. Moreover, in your diet, you should eat foods that are rich in magnesium which will not only provide magnesium to body but also help your body getting different minerals, vitamins and dietary fibers which will also be beneficial to your health. Magnesium is an essential nutrient which controls a variety of important functions of body that are associated with regulation of normal heart rhythm, blood pressure as well as regulation of proper working of digestive and immune system. It also helps in the vision by reducing the risk of eye diseases and disorders. It works great when combined with calcium and it is best to balance magnesium levels into the body on regular basis with regular diet.